Saturday, March 5, 2011

water

After some informal research, it is apparent that no one knows where the phrase, "you need eight cups of water a day" comes from. Some link it to a an obscure 1980's study, while others believe that doctors told people that amount because it's a good goal, but had no scientific research to back it.

Either way, the point is that water does wonders for your body, brain and skin. Water is prized for cleansing your body of harmful chemicals, via the intestines, and also through the urinal tract. Without adequate water intake, the human body breaks down rapidly, in just a matter of days to be more precise.

Here are 3 easy tips for drinking more water.

1. Always have a bottle of water handy.

I buy those 12 ounce bottles of water, the ones you find at any food store, and keep them chilled in the fridge. Whenever I leave the house, for gym, work, a 30 minute or longer trip, I grab a bottle to go.

Whenever I am watching a movie, TV or am working on my computer, I keep the bottle close by, usually with the cap off (unless it's by the computer), so I can easily sip from the bottle until it is completely gone.

2. Keep the water cold, it tastes better.

I'm not sure about you, but the thought of drinking warm or room temperature water never seems appetizing. It's usually the thing that keeps me from drinking water. But, if your water supply is child, you will drink more often, because it tastes and feels better.

Have ice in the freezer, just in case you run out of cold bottles. This way, you can always get your water cold in seconds.

3. Choose water when eating out.

When I go to a restaurant, I always ask the waiter for ice water with a lemon wedge. The water itself is cold and refreshing, and the lemon gives it some zing. The lemon also keeps you from missing that favorite soda, tea or coffee that you would usually order.

Try these tips and have a better hydrated life!

No comments:

Post a Comment